Artful Crafting – Challenge 2 Stamping
And a month goes by so fast these days! The Artful Crafting Challenge for the month of May is now live. The first challenge was a wonderful learning experience for all of us and I am so glad that quite a few people participated. For details of the second challenge head over here and as before get ready to be amazed by the creations from my fellow design team members :)
So here is the kit that I received for this month. Love love love everything in this kit! The Stampendous Eiffel Tower Stamp, the Prima Say it in Crystals Sunrise Sunset bling, the mini Color Box pigment in pad in Scarlet, die-cut tags from Artful Crafting and some matching cardstock for stamping.
I decided to use everything included in the kit and hence I went with the tag. I took some basic grey cardstock in a maroon shade from my stash and cut it just a bit under the size of the tag. Then I followed with distressing the edges using the Tim Holtz distress tool. After the distressing I mounted it on to the tag base using double sided tape, which is one of my most used supplies. Now the stamp set I got in the kit may seem very limited to the ‘eiffel tower theme’ but a lot of the stamps can be used to make very fun stamped texture backgrounds. I stamped the ‘lines’ first on to my tag using ColorBox black pigment ink in both horizontal and vertical directions to get a fun checkered stamped image. Loved this!
I proceeded to stamp a few more times to the background using the other stamps in the set. I tested repeating the script stamp out on the cardstock just to see how it looks. I decided that was too much so I only added it as single stamp images here and there. Next I stamped the eiffel tower stamp on the cardstock and fussy cut it out. Along with some of the circle postage stamps, which I initially stamped just with the black ink but then decided I wanted some red ones to accent as well. These I stamped using the Scarlet ink pad.
I punched out a strip using the Martha Stewart doily edger punch in black cardstock which had a white core, which showed when I tore it into half. Took out some mulberry roses and buds in white, red and black to match the color theme. I then laid everything out on the tag the way I wanted it. Before I adhered everything down, I added black ink splatters to the background and stamped out the sentiment ‘DREAM’ using the scarlet ink, cut it out, distressed the edges and inked them black as well. Then everything was glued down using Glossy Accents.
Was pretty much done but needed to add that gorgeous bling!
Bling added and I though it looked quite composed.
I made a hole in the maroon cardstock mat using the original hole in the tag as the guide and added some thick jute string I had lying about that I thought went well with the overall look.
And Voila! The tag is complete! :D
Hope you all liked it and get inspired to participate in the challenge too! Will so be looking forward to your contributions! :D Until next Saturday,